This press release was provided by the City of Crawfordsville:
“An early morning fire at the Burger King has temporarily closed that restaurant.
The fire department received a call of a fire at 4:43 AM Thursday at the Crawfordsville Burger King, located in the 1500 block of South Washington Street.
According to Crawfordsville Fire Chief Scott Busenbark when they arrived on scene, they discovered a fire in the attic of the facility. Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control, but not before there was extensive damage in the attic area. Firefighters were on the scene until 7:30 AM.
The cause of the fire is believed to have been accidental in nature. The Indiana State Fire Marshal was called in to complete an investigation. That investigation is still ongoing.
Shops at Crawfordsville out of Fairfield, N.J. own the building.
There were no injuries and the restaurant will continue to be closed until repairs can be made.”